Halloween Pet Safety Poster Contest
Calling all young artists! You are invited to participate in the first annual “Father John’s Halloween Pet Safety Poster Contest”!
Halloween is a fun holiday for children, but we are looking to raise awareness for animal safety. For example, there is a risk of dogs getting sick from eating chocolate and other candy; they may be scared of strangers coming to their door; cats are at risk of running out the door when they keep opening to hand out candy; among many other things. We would like to invite you to create a drawing to illustrate ways to keep your pets safe during this time.
We will have three winners, one from each age group - K-5, 6-8 and 9-12. The winners will have their poster included in our Halloween email blast and will also be interviewed in a video with us about their poster and how they can help keep their animals safe. Each winner will also receive an art-themed prize related to their age level. To be considered, entrants must adhere to the following guidelines:
1. The entry must be received no later than October 26th. You can either email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/hand deliver a physical copy to the shelter at
50 Father John’s Lane
Lafayette, NJ 07848
C/O Rhianna Jameson
2. No magazine cut-outs or collages - poster should be hand drawn or original artwork drawn digitally.
3. Physical copies should be at least 11” x 14”. Participants should be prepared to bring their original work to the shelter if they are selected as a winner for the interview. All artwork should be designed horizontally.
4. The child’s name, age, as well as parent contact information (in case they win) should be printed neatly on the back of the poster. If submitting digitally, you can put this information below each picture.
5. Participants will be judged based on their artistic ability (age will be taken into consideration), as well as their idea for the drawing.
The winners will be notified on the afternoon of October 27th. From there we will coordinate the interviews with the students. We would like to do them on October 30th and 31st at our shelter. We look forward to seeing your entries! Please feel free to email with any questions.